Museum of Drinking Water
Located at an artificial reservoir in the drinking water protection area, the Museum of Drinking Water in Hangzhou was constructed according to the passive house standard in compliance with particularly strict specifications.
From design to completion, the project was accompanied by Neubau best.energy in the form of planning meetings as well as on-site inspections to ensure a passive house certification according to the Passive House Institute Darmstadt.
In addition to the optimization of the buildings envelope, the necessary dehumidification and cooling of the large halls in this region has emerged as a challenge, which is covered by the ventilation system and cooled air intake elements.
Completed 2021. Area: 1,992 m²
Energy and environmental aspects
- Heat and cold generation by multiple air source heat pumps
- Photovoltaic system on the roof
- Sophisticated ventilation system
- Heating energy demand 13 kWh/m²a according to PHPP
Building labels and awards
- Passive house certification